A Short History Of Canva
Canva was established in Sydney, by Cliff Obrecht and Cameron Adams, tech entrepreneurs.
Perkins created Canva after he saw a need for an easy-to-use graphic design platform. Perkins, a University of Western Australia commerce and communications student, needed clarification on how difficult and confusing mainstream design software was. Canva’s aim? To allow the entire world to design.
Canva had three-quarters million users within a year of its initial launch. Canva now has more than 30,000,000 monthly active users.
Canva is also available in iOS or Android, but we are only interested in the full-fat version.
How To Create Designs On Canva
Here’s how to create designs on Canva:
1. Templates: Pick a template that suits your project, then personalize it however you like. Canva has many options for different stuff, like social media posts and business cards.
2. Elements: Canva’s Elements are illustrations, photos and graphics you can use. Just drag and drop an element onto your design and customize it to fit.
3. Text: Adding text is easy on Canva. Just click “Text” and type away! You can change the font, size, colour and more to make it fit your design.
4. Backgrounds: Backgrounds are important for the overall look of your design. Canva has solid colors, patterns, and images to choose from. Change the background by clicking “Background” and pick your favourite option.
5. Shapes: Shapes can make your design stand out. Canva has circles, squares, triangle sand more. To add a shape, click “Shape” and pick one.
6. Graphics: Graphics are a must-have for any design. Canva has lots of graphics to choose from. Add a graphic by clicking “Graphic” and pick one, then customize it to fit your design. That’s it! Have fun creating on Canva! Canva’s Elements are illustrations, photos and graphics you can use. Just drag and drop an element onto your design and customize it to fit.
That’s it! Have fun creating on Canva!
8 Steps To Enhance Your Visual Content Creation Skills with Canva
Here check the important 8 Steps To Enhance Your Visual Content Creation Skills with Canva.
Step 1: Start with a Solid Content Marketing Plan
Before you dive into creating eye-catching visuals with Canva, it’s crucial to have a clear content marketing strategy in place. Identify your goals and the platforms that will best serve them. For example, if you’re promoting an animal shelter’s weekend adoption event, your primary aim is to make people aware of the event, get them to share it on social media, and create a poster to display locally.
Step 2: Browse Canva's Template Library for Inspiration
Canva’s vast template library offers professional templates for a wide range of content types and themes, from posters to presentations. Each template is optimized for specific platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, making it easier for you to design eye-catching visuals without starting from scratch.
Step 3: Find the Perfect Visuals with Canva's Built-In Photo Library
Visual content is 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than any other type of content. To maximize engagement for your pet adoption event, you need to include the right visuals. With Canva’s built-in media library, you can search for photos and illustrations by keyword, find the perfect image, and drag it over to your design. You can also upload your own images, such as your logo, to add a personal touch.
Step 4: Images and Text through Typography
To make your visual content complete, you need to combine the right text and visuals. Canva’s font pairing tool makes it easy to choose the perfect font combination to complement your design. Start by picking your starter font, and the tool will show you the best font combinations and real-life examples from the web.
Step 5: Enhance Your Image with Canva's Filters
Filters are a great way to instantly change the tone of an image and create a consistent theme across your various posts. Canva offers 14 custom filters that you can adjust with a slider to control the intensity. You can also access advanced options to tweak brightness, contrast, saturation, and more.
Step 6: Resize Your Design to Fit Various Platforms
Once you’ve created your visual, it’s time to share it on various social media networks and print your poster. Canva’s Magic Resize tool (available for Canva for Work users) makes it easy to copy and resize your design for different formats. If you’re using the free tools, you can still resize your design manually to fit the different dimensions of each platform.
Step 7: Add Finishing Touches with Canva's Design Tools
Canva’s drag-and-drop design tools make it easy to add finishing touches to your visual content. You can play with different elements, such as shapes, lines, and graphics, to make your design stand out.
Step 8: Share Your Visual Content and Watch the Engagement Soar!
That’s great! Canva’s Design School is a fantastic resource for anyone who wants to learn more about design, whether they’re just starting out or have some experience already. The tutorials are well-designed and easy to follow, and the wide range of topics covered ensures that there is something for everyone.
In addition to the Design Essentials tutorials, Canva’s Design School also offers a wealth of other resources, such as articles, templates, and case studies.
Canva is a powerful and user-friendly graphic design platform that can help you create stunning designs for various purposes. Whether you are a professional designer or just starting out, Canva has something to offer for everyone. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can learn how to use Canva and create beautiful designs in no time. So, go ahead and start exploring Canva today!